Wednesday, February 17, 2016

[FILM REVIEW] The Girl in the Sunny Place, Hidamari No Kanojo 2013

The Girl in the Sunny Place, 2013

This is a film that I watched months ago. I remember telling myself that I should write a review about it but then personal things happened so I continued to forgot. But, it is not yet too late. Even if I believe this is a movie that should be viewed during Christmas time but then everyday can be Christmas so here it is. :)


[SPOILER ALERT!!!]


[Plot] The Girl in the Sunny Place, Hidamari No Kanojo 2013 - starring Jun Matsumoto and Juri Ueno

The story is about the relationship of Kosuke (Matsumoto) and Mao (Ueno). Kosuke works as a salesman at a Railway Advertising Company and is shy to approach girls not until he met Mao again. Kosuke and Mao shared their first love together but was separated when Kosuke transferred to another school. After they met, the two slowly found their love for each other but little as Kosuke knows Mao is hiding a secret that can break them off again.

The Girl in the Sunny Place, 2013 Trailer

The secret can be quite misleading to the point that I expected other things to happen. But Jun Matsumoto and Juri Ueno's tandem is a much watch. I am a fan of Juri since I watched her in Nodame. She is very pretty and a great actress. She can be in a comedic, dramatic or even horror role and she will certainly deliver. And did I mention I find her so pretty, yeah, I know I mentioned that already. 

Jun Matsumoto on the other hand is being gorgeous despite of the years that had passed since knowing him in his Hana Yori Dango days. I hated him that time because I was this huge fan of DaoMingsu (Meteor Garden), yes the Taiwanese version! I don't actually found him handsome nor cute those times but here in this movie he is! I guess age can do you good. The two are so eye candy in the screen. I almost shipped them actually!

The story can be your casual love rekindled type of film but the secret managed to pull me. One time I was thinking what would be the secret? then, yeah, after some hints and a few guesses I finally discovered what is Mao hiding to Kosuke. I love the cinematography and the colors of every scene. I love Japanese romantic movies because they can bring me to my pasts. Like the first love story, I thought about what I was during highschool when I was kind of innocent. There is something so nostalgic in every frame. I love that the story revolves around the main characters and there are just few people around them. Also, I love that finally they managed to cast young actors who resembles the actual couple. I find Wakana Aoi so similar to Juri and so is Takumi Kitamura to Jun. I love their scenes together to the point that I even made a video of them. The two are so cute! :)

Wakana Aoi and Takumi Kitamura as young Kosuke and Mao

The story seems to say that love can be found unexpectedly. That even if you lost track of someone if you hold on and kept finding it will be yours in an unexpected way. Like what I had mentioned above, the secret of Mao can manage to pull you. Up until now, when I hear "Wouldn't it Be Nice" by The Beach Boys I suddenly think of The Girl in the Sunny Place. It is a much watch romantic movie with your loved ones. Also don't forget to bring your pets while watching it! True love can be just around the corner. Ha!






2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. buy dvd all creatures great and small

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. เว็บหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete