Friday, July 24, 2015

[KPOP MV/ALBUM REVIEW] Apink (에이핑크) 2nd Album [Pink MEMORY]- 'Remember' (리멤버) MV {BONUS!!!} ME, Being a PANDA


Apink is BACK!!! Yes Apink! Or should I say Apunk!? HAHA... No, kidding aside, July 16th, 2015 they made their comeback official with the release of their summer themed mv and title song "Remember". 

Wait, why am I reviewing this? As you see it's my first mv and album review and I just want to introduce myself first because I might be bias with my writing coz they are actually one of my favorite kpop groups nowadays.

When did I discover them? Hmmn.. It's started once upon a time when group member Jung Eunji starred in "Reply 1997" and I got hooked by her acting and so I researched about her and found out that she was infact part of a girlgroup. I was amazed coz she doesn't really look that girly at all during that year and so I watched her group's videos in YT and yeah replayed it multiple times.


My PANDA Self




I am not yet a fangirl of Apink those times because I only liked Eunji and the other members I cannot actually remember who's who. They were just starting back then. They actually debutted on the year 2011 and I found out about them in 2012. But then, the WGM stint happened and Son Naeun, the goddess Son Naeun.. Yeah her! made me so curious about the group and so I finally made up my mind that I am going to stan them and make her my first Kpop bias.

I also started watching their past variety and reality tv appearances like Apink News which was really a cracker maker.. Haha! You should watch that if your hesitating on following Apink. Their relationship grew on me because of that. They are actually one of those groups whom I really  think have that best foundation and interaction with each other so watching them growing together  just made my mother heart in a pool of happy tears T_T. I'm also one of those fans who had a chance to see and perform them live and they were so pretty.. just pretty.. soo pretty and adorable.. Fangirling mode up!


With the cute leader Chorong, Eunji the best vocal, Bomi the variety star, Naeun the queen visual, Namjoo the bias wrecker and Hayoung the growing maknae, I know and can feel it that their popularity and achievements are only just beginning and that they will come a looong long way. 

Now, I should start reviewing their latest release right? keke.. I haven't forgotten ya know...


MV and Title Track Review



Remember.. remember.. reMEMber... After listening to the song multiple times, this word will haunt your day. I know coz its in my head right at this very moment.. haha.. Music wise its very APINKish for me. You know how a certain group should have a distinct sound and I think APink has a very innocent, fantasy-like, comforting sound. A lot of people are saying that all of their songs are very much alike but as I cannot deny that some parts of "Remember" has a "Luv" sound into it, I also want to fight that they are a growing group in terms of their sound and performance. My favorite part is the start of the song. Oh Hayoung definitely is the star of "Remember". I'm glad she was the one to start the song coz upon hearing her, I just wanted to let myself fall in a cold water of the sea and just play and dance there all day long. She definitely improved her voice since debut. 

All in all, "Remember" is a good example of a summer song released this year. You'll definitely love it and get hooked by the song once you heared it multiple times.

The MV on the other hand, is very summery. I am glad that it was filmed in the outside. You know how many kpop groups nowadays tease you with wonderful teaser when having a comeback but then the MV will end up in a box where they would dance and have solo shots singing from time to time. I guess that's one of the benefits of coming back in the summer. Groups will have a chance to play in sand and enjoy themselves while providing fanservice.. haha.. The MV is so full of visual cuts. The styling on girls is just pretty.. They are just so pretty and I look like a dumpling.. haha.. I also felt nostalgic when I saw Apink in the field coz I remember their debut MV "I don't know". Also, that part of them playing and having fun in the room full of balloons just feels like "NoNoNo" all of a sudden. 

I just felt like crying coz they look like they are going to do something so mature later this year because of this..



ALBUM REVIEW: "Pink Memory"

Hearing about them coming back with a 2nd full album made me so happy because "full album means more songs", hehe... "Pink Memory" has two different versions a "RED" and "WHITE". The different versions just have a different concept pictorials and photocards. My only concern is that the album design is not that very fancy. How I wish that Acube, their company, would improve their design concepts in the future. I read in twitter that they are calling the album "Pink Memong" instead and when I saw the album cover, I finally realized why.. haha..


The songs are very lovely. Actually, first time I heard the full album I chose "Perfume" as my favorite track, mainly because of the "Ooohh.. Alright" part of Naeun.. she just caught me off guard there..heh.. But then, other songs are growing for me from time to time so... It's so hard to choose..

The next track, ""Attracted" (끌려)" just screams Kim Namjoo with her sudden "Nan Neoege Kkeullyeo". I just wish she would feature with other artists because girl can really sing and she has a very pretty voice so Acube don't waste it.. Please?

After we got attracted we will be Dejavued... Dejavu is written by leader Park Chorong who basically always write for APink in their every release. Girl really have a writing talent.

Next is "Flower Petal" or "Fortune Telling Petal" which is a song that I recommend during rainy days. The tone just screams "couple walking in the rain".

"What a Boy Wants" in the meantime is written by member Oh Hayoung, the maknae. I really like the song despite it being loud whenever I have my earphone on. I don't know, I just like it being messy that way..

"I Do" really saved us coz we finally hear in this track the high notes of Jung Eunji.  Meanwhile, APink's album cannot be complete without a ballad. "A Wonderful Love" and "Promise U" are standard APink ballad that you would want to hear whenever you wanted to soothe yourself and just wanted to feel warm inside. I'm happy that "Promise U" which was written and produced by Eunji herself is also included in the album because it didn't had much impact to the public when they released it during their anniversary this year.

The members writing lyrics for this album is just so heartwarming. I am just so happy that they are participating and taking their time to produce something that the fans would really treasure and brag about. Netizens say that APink songs are all similar but really, just take time to know more about them and I will asure you that you woud grow to like them.

To end this, I would just want to encourage all of you to hear APink's music and enjoy it with your purest hearts.











No comments:

Post a Comment