Friday, July 31, 2015

2015 Upcoming Korean Shows I Am Looking Forward

Being a fan of Korean drama and variety shows it sucks when I don't have a bucket list of new shows that I am anticipating. But then, I always find alternatives such listening to new Kpop songs and waiting for subbed episodes of the ongoing shows I am following. 

Thankfully, 2015 seems productive because there are lots of upcoming shows that seems nice to look forward to. Here are my list of new Korean shows that I am looking forward to:

6. Let's Eat With My Friends

Let's Eat With My Friends Teaser

A variety spin-off of the tvN drama Let's Eat 2, Let's Eat With My Friends also brings along the pair of Yoon Dujun, who played Goo Daeyoung and Seo Hyunjin, who played Baek Soo-ji, Daeyoung's love interest in the drama. This time we are going to see them together as their real selves in a trip going to Spain. As the title describes, Yoon and Seo brought along their close friends Beast's Yang Yoseob, who also cameod in the drama and actress Park Hee-bon, Hyunjin's co-member in her past kpop group M.I.L.K.

Coming from the same PD of the drama Let's Eat 2, you can tell he couldn't leave his love for his stars, my tummy shall be in misery again with this fun "mukbang broadcast". Oh and also, I shall be inspired to go to Spain just like what I had felt when I watched Na PD's Granpa's Over Flowers: Spain Edition.

5. Reply 1988


Following the success of Reply 1997 and Reply 1994, the production team of the popular drama series will now attempt to bring us to the year 1988. The year was said to be a especially significant one for South Korea. 

Honestly, I am disappointed and not that excited in the casting. But still I am giving it a chance and I am kinda anticipating the reviews. Drama addicts knows that the Reply series paved the way for most people to watch cable dramas. So who knows? maybe drama gods will do their part and make the drama a success just like its predecessors. 

Reply 1988 will star Girl's Day's Hyeri, Ryu Hye Young, Go Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum, Ahn Jae Hong, Ryu Jun Yeol, Lee Dong Hwi and Choi Sung Won. Veterans Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa, who played the parents in both Reply series will also return for a third time.

4. Oh My God 

Another rom-com drama on my list is Oh My God. The drama will star So Ji Sub whom I totally adore in Master's Sun and Shin Minah whose popular for her works such as Arang and the Magistrate and My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox. 

The pair is not new to public eyes for they already did a couple of clothing advertisement together in the reecent years. But still it will be fresh to see them act together in a drama. I love Shin Minah being so playful and funny and also who would even hate So Ji Sub's charm?

The drama is said to be about childhood friends who met again and happen to help improve each other's lifestyles but eventually found love in the process. Its just too bad because shipping them in real life wouldn't be as fun as before for Shin Minah is currently dating someone... ehem Kim. Woo. Bin. ehem.

3. Cheese In The Trap


This is got to be the primary reason why I ended up reading the Korean web comic where it will be based. Nowadays the drama adaptation of Cheese in the Trap is still an ongoing hype especially for those who follow the webton. It will be produced by tvN which is trustworthy enough in producing drama adaptations, a perfect example to this is the popular drama Misaeng. The production is already so promising with PD Lee Yoon Jung who is known for directing Coffee Prince.

Cheese in the Trap will star actor Park Hae Jin as Yoo Jung sunbae and actress Kim Go-eun as Hong Sul. The drama is set to air later this year.

2. The First Time


I love coming of age stories and so I'm digging this drama that will star SHINee's Minho and promising actress Park So Dam. The First Time is another upcoming cable drama that will be produced by network OnStyle. 

The story will revolve around Yoon Tae-oh, a 20 year old college freshman and his changing relationship with his childhood friend Song-Yi. Tae-oh's character is described as carefree and cool while Song-Yi is described as cheerful and positive. But then the conflict will occur when a friend of Tae-oh, Seo Ji Ahn, to be played by actor/rapper Kim Minjae, also fell in love with Song-Yi

The cast looks fresh and promising. I find actress Park So Dam so pretty and authentic. Also, did I told you that I am a fan of SHINee?

1. Second Time 20 Years Old


This drama is what I have been waiting for certainly. Second Time 20 Years Old is set to air in tvN this coming August replacing Oh My Ghostess. I told you I'm a fan of tvN dramas...

Second Time 20 Years Old Teaser 1

Second Time 20 Years Old will star Choi Jiwoo whom I totally adore in Grandpas Over Flowers: Greece Edition. Luckily her character is not that far to her self so this is a guaranteed fun. Choi Ji Woo will play Ha No-Ra, a full time mother and housewife who got pregnant and married at the age of 19 hence did not got the chance to enjoy her twenties. She decides to enter the university and begin to struggle adapting to the new environment and young people around her. 

The drama will also star Lee Sang Yoon as a theater professor and Ha No-Ra's first love. Choi Won-young as the husband who is also a psychology professor. Actor/Rapper Kim Minjae who I previously mentioned a while ago in The First Time, as No-Ra's son and APink's Son Naeun as his girlfriend. 
Second Time 20 Years Old Teaser 2

The best thing is that all of them are going to attend the same university which will surely lead to a riot.










Credits [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

No comments:

Post a Comment